This entry arrangements for persons who wish to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for employment as professionals.
Applicants who have obtained a degree or higher qualification in a full-time and locally accredited programme in Hong Kong (hereafter “non-local graduates”) may apply to stay/return and work in the HKSAR under the “Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates” (hereafter “IANG”).
Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the General Employment Policy (hereafter “GEP”). The GEP does not apply to Chinese residents of the Mainland.
- Non-local graduates here refer to persons from outside the HKSAR who have obtained a degree or higher qualification in a full-time and locally accredited programme in Hong Kong. For a sponsor who is a Hong Kong permanent resident or a resident who is not subject
- Non-local graduates who submit applications to the Immigration Department within six months after the date of their graduation (i.e. the date shown on their graduation certificates) are classified as non-local fresh graduates.
- Non-local graduates who submit applications beyond six months of the date of their graduation are classified asreturning non-local graduates.
- Non-local fresh graduates who wish to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR are not required to secure an offer of employment upon application. They may be granted 12 months’ stay on time limitation without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met. Those who intend to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR but have not yet secured the graduation result may apply for extension of stay to wait for the promulgation of results. Non-local fresh graduates who have not yet obtained their graduation certificate could apply to stay and work by producing a proof from the institution confirming that he/she has graduated.
- Returning non-local graduates who wish to return to work in the HKSAR are required to secure an offer of employment upon application. The applications will be favourably considered so long as the job is at a level commonly taken up by degree holders and the remuneration package is set at market level. They may be granted 12 months’ stay on time limitation without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met.
For more information like application procedures, time required and documentation needed to be submitted, please email us email@example.com